Kingston College is located on Richmond Road, Kingston north of Kingston railway station and the town centre. The site has boundaries on both Richmond Road and Kingsgate Road and retains the existing vehicular access from Kingsgate Road.
The college site originally contained buildings constructed over the last 185 years, the first building being the Penny Gallery in 1828, followed by the two Edwardian school buildings one facing Richmond Road, Block 100, and one linked to the Penny Gallery, Block 200, constructed in 1907. All building with the exception of Building 100 fronting Richmond Road were demolished as part of the Creative Industries Centre project.
The first phase of the project included the construction of a new three storey Creative Industries Centre building which links with the exiting Building 100. This provides facilities for various creative arts including a workshop for general 3D activities with traditional woodworking and ceramic equipment. Fine Art studios and a printing workshop, a music recording suite and general classrooms and teaching spaces.
Phase 2 included the demolition of blocks 300 & 400 and completion of underground storm drainage systems and external works to provide service areas, car parking and general landscaping.