Building Surveyor Thursday, 22 August, 2019
Hamson Barron Smith (HBS) is a specialist property and construction consultancy, providing expertise in architecture, surveying, building services engineering and strategic development across a wide range of projects. HBS works with both public and private sector clients and has a growing client base in the eastern region.
We are currently looking to recruit a Building Surveyor into our Norwich Building Surveying team working alongside Quantity Surveyors, Project Manager’s and Architects based in our city centre office. You will be expected to offer expert technical and business advice regarding building surveying and maintenance with a diverse workload. Key clients include residential care providers, charities, local councils and education clients.
Due to the diverse nature of our business, you will have the opportunity to get involved with a range of different projects, undertaking a number of duties including;
- Technical due diligence surveys for both commercial and residential properties
- Preparing and undertaking specifications, drawings and risk assessments for a number of new build and refurbishments projects
- Carrying out site surveys in relation to condition, undertaking schedules of condition, dilapidations, measured surveys and defect analysis
- Leading quality assurance across projects and services, ensuring client needs are met and relevant legislation is adhered to
- Collating and presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders, offering solutions and recommendations where required
Our Successful Candidate:
We are looking for you to offer a combination of relevant commercial experience and industry recognised training for the position, demonstrated by;
- Ideally, you will hold (or be working towards) a Professional Chartered Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), however we would be very keen to support someone through this process so this is not essential
- Ability to foster professional relationships with new and existing clients
- Experience in a similar building surveying role
- Ability to work independently with minimal support or within a large multi-disciplinary team
- Previously worked on a variety of new build and refurbishment projects
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations, and other relevant construction and building surveying related legislation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage and negotiate with all levels of internal and external parties
- Commercial awareness with excellent time and resource management skills
- Willingness to travel throughout the eastern region or further afield when occasionally required
In Return, we will offer:
- A competitive salary
- 5% match contribution pension scheme
- In excess of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible benefits package
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a friendly and successful team within a growing business
To apply for this role, please click here
An enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicant. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.