Building Surveyor Thursday, 1 June, 2023
Hamson Barron Smith (HBS) is a specialist property and construction consultancy, providing expertise in architecture, surveying, building services engineering and strategic development across a wide range of projects. HBS works with both public and private sector clients and has a growing client base across the UK, operating from various locations.
We are currently looking to recruit a Building Surveyor into our Haywards Heath team, working alongside expert and multi-disciplined property professionals on a full-time, permanent basis.
About the Role:
Due to the diverse nature of our business, you will have the opportunity to get involved with a range of different projects, undertaking a number of duties including;
- Providing technical and advisory guidance to clients and stakeholders and other technical team members.
- Preparing specifications, drawings and carrying out risk assessments for improvement, refurbishment and new building schemes.
- Preparing tender documents, undertaking contract administration duties/ project management and site monitoring duties of relevant contracts ensuring compliance and quality control.
- Undertaking site surveys in relation to condition / building surveying, schedules of condition, dilapidations, measured surveys and planned maintenance; defect analysis to include analytical investigation, research and preparation of technical reports.
- Participating in conservation projects to include investigation in relation to materials, repair processes, quality control and innovative methods of repair and analysis.
Ideal skills and experience include:
We are looking for you to offer a combination of relevant commercial experience and industry recognised training for the position, demonstrated by;
- Professional Chartered Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) [or equivalent], and be working towards (or prepared to work towards) Chartered status,
- Proven experience in a similar building surveying role
- Ability to work independently and within a large multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations, and other relevant construction and building surveying related legislation
In return, we will offer:
- A competitive salary of up £40,000 DoE
- Company Pension + Sickness Scheme
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits package
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.