The project comprised the complete refurbishment of an existing office building to provide the highest quality of education, support and simulation facilities.
The building features:
- Open plan office space for circa 190 staff
- Large student study spaces and computer facilities
- Flexible and technological enabled teaching / study space
- A large active learning space (171 capacity)
- A new simulation suite – mock healthcare environment
- consisting of two large wards, an operating theatre, a community flat and ambulance bay
- Self-directed learning lab – a dedicated space for students to learn and practice essential clinical skills
- Virtual environment – two rooms equipped with wall-to wall immersive projector systems
- A dedicated student support office
- A coffee shop and large seated social space in the atrium
- Car park with circa 250 spaces
The HBS delivery team provided full design services for new mechanical, electrical and public health engineering systems throughout the building.
Client University of Surrey
Contract value £11 million